For our 2 year wedding anniversary, we booked a spontaneous last minute holiday to Corfu and it we are so glad we did!
We wanted to stay somewhere near the airport and Corfu town for convenience as we were only there for 3 days. We also wanted a place to stay on a budget as we have already been travelling a lot this year.
So we decided to stay in Dominoes Hotel Apartment. Stick till the end to see the room tour video!
About Dominoes Hotel Apartment
Dominoes is a family run hotel located in Ipsos, east cost of Corfu. It is less than 30mins from the airport and 15mins away from Corfu Town.
Down the road from the hotel is the Ipsos strip with restaurants and shops. You will also find the beautiful pebbled Ipsos beach there. We loved the quiet surrounding and it wasn’t too touristy either!
The hotel recently renovated some of their rooms and their restaurant, bar and reception are brand new!
We were invited to stay in their newly renovated superior room for 3 nights. It is an en suite room with a kitchen area and balcony. It was really like a studio apartment rather than just a room!
Price for a standard twin studio is as low as €28 per night. The superior twin apartment we stayed at its only €40 per night! You really don’t have to break the bank for a fabulous holiday in the sun!
What we loved about Dominoes
- The people who work there made us feel so welcomed! We were greeted by Kim, Effie and Elena on arrival and they went above and beyond to make sure that we have a good time in Corfu.
- The room itself adopts a simple white and blue design. This gives a very clean and refreshing feel.
- The room is very clean and well maintained.
- There are 2 pools!
- Breakfast is amazing, they even use British bacons!
- Plenty of parking space which is perfect because we rented a car.
- Air-conditioned room was essential in the heat of Greece.
- The shower is so powerful which is very important after a whole day of lying on the beach and swimming!
- The kitchen area would be perfect for people staying for longer who may wish to cook. It is equipped with hobs, fridge and cooking unitises.
What we think they can improve on
- The wifi was weak in the room and sometimes were left without cell phone reception or wifi. Wifi is a lot stronger in the restaurant and bar area though.
- There are no shower gel or shampoo. But then again, it is a self-service apartment so it was our own fault for not brining our own!
Would we stay there again?
YES! The location was perfect, it had good road access to the whole island. They staff there treated us like family and I think we found our home away from home in Dominoes Hotel!
Feel free to drop us a message if you have any questions about this apartment or Corfu in general!
Check out their Instagram and Facebook account!
**Disclaimer: We were invited as guest to stay in the Dominoes Hotel for the purpose of this review. But as usual, all photos and opinions are our own**